Berry 'Nana Oatmeal Parfait

Recipe : http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/berry-nana-oatmeal-parfait-recipe/index.html

         As much as I would be thrilled to say that I made the world's best parfait in my kitchen this morning and lead you to believe that your dish will come out flippin' fantastic if you follow my recipe, I gotta stick with the fact that honesty is the best policy and I definitely need to perfect my parfait.










BUT DON'T GO YET! I can definitely give you a few tips because the world needs to have less disappointing parfaits and this dilemma can only be stopped if we listen to each other.

TIP 1: Don't listen to those health conscious recipes and use plain yogurt for a parfait--you will be sacrificing taste. If you do, your parfait will come out mediocre--even with the best berries on hand. Either mix in some sugar into your yogurt-O beforehand or purchase vanilla yogurt. If your plan of action does not follow my words of wisdom as written above, may I suggest buying the following book: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-How-to-Build-a-Time-Machine-The-Real-Science-of-Time-Travel-by-Brian-Clegg-/380622333318?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item589edbe586 .
hahahaha
Or try using cream cheese in your parfait as recommended by this website: http://theitaliandishblog.com/imported-20090913150324/2010/5/26/strawberry-cheesecake-parfaits.html


TIP 2: If you like hot oatmeal, stick with hot oatmeal in your parfait. Although I made it well, I strongly dislike cold oatmeal.  It tasted amazing when I took it off the stove. Leaving it in the fridge for an hour and a half was a mistake.

TIP 3: If you like cold oatmeal, make it the night before and leave it in the fridge-saving you plenty of time in the morning.

TIP 4: One can definitely replace both oatmeal and yogurt with sweet rice pudding in a parfait.

TIP 5: Feel free to throw in some maple syrup on top.



TIP 6: Use molasses in your oatmeal. Trust me.

If you like the blog, please follow for more recipes and restaurant reviews @ unarguablydelicious.blogspot.com!! Or follow me on tumblr (unarguablydelicious.tumblr.com) or my twitter (@Its_Taran) or my pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/unarguablydelic/) or instagram (unarguablydelicious). Please feel free to share your opinions or your recipes as well because I'd love to hear them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
  • Unarguably Delicious! © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual , in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes