Herbal Mustard Roast Lamb with Green Chutney (aka Mint Sauce) (My recipe rating: 6.5/10)

The recipe I used is based off of Julia Child’s Gigot a la Moutarde (i.e. Herbal Mustard Coating for Roast Lamb) from her book: Mastering the Art of French Cooking!



 The marinade recipe below is directly from the following blog: http://inandaroundtown.blogspot.com/2013/01/christmas-eve-with-julia-childs-lamb.html 
  • 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
  • 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
  • 1 Clove Mashed Garlic
  • 1 Teaspoon Fresh Rosemary
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Powdered Ginger
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil


These measurements apply to an entire lamb leg and so I reduced them to half. Also, I used regular mustard and dried rosemary. If your using dry rosemary, I recommend using a mixer for all of your ingredients so that it is easier for you to cut the rosemary into smaller pieces. 


In all honesty, I would rather explore other recipes which would provide more flavoring than make this dish again. Also, this dish would be a 4/10 for me if I didn’t have the chutney/mint sauce to go along with it.
Yet, the seasoning is pretty savory and tastes great! I left the lamb to marinate overnight. 
If you like your meat well done, I recommend using good common sense, which I failed to do, and take it out of the oven when it’s medium rare. For me, this stage was around 45 minutes. Then, store it in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve, which may be a few hours later, cut it in slices and cook them in the pan until they contain a pale pink color.


Try adding chutney, a common Indian sauce, to the dish:
Fill the mixer in approximations. 
about 1/3 Onions
about 1/3 Mint leaves
about 1/3 Cilantro yet more cilantro than mint leaves used
A few green chillies, to your liking
Salt (about a tsp)
A bit of ginger
One lime 
                 

Mix and serve on the side.
Bon Apetit!

If you like the blog, please follow for more recipes and restaurant reviews @ unarguablydelicious.blogspot.com!! Or follow me on tumblr (unarguablydelicious.tumblr.com) or my twitter (@Its_Taran) or my pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/unarguablydelic/) or instagram (unarguablydelicious). Please feel free to share your opinions or your recipes as well because I'd love to hear them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
  • Unarguably Delicious! © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual , in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes